Hey, I'm Addison Smith! I'm a freelance musician, producer, engineer, and songwriter living in Nashville, Tennessee. In addition to playing guitar and keyboards on several studio recordings, I've also recorded and produced studio albums and singles for various groups in the Washington DC area. In 2017 I graduated from James Madison University with a Bachelor of Music in Music Industry, and since helping my friends produce and edit their podcasts, it's safe to say my hobby is turning into a really fun career. My favorite part about A&K is creating custom intro music for our clients--it gets my creative juices flowing and it really helps them stand out on the charts.
Kristi told me to give her 5 fun facts, so here goes nothing!
1. I used to think I was a dog person, but now I'm obsessed with cats. Kristi and I have two named after famous rock singers, Freddie Mercury and Stevie Nicks.
2. My high school graduating class was only 13 people.
3. I was born in Arizona, but was exported to Italy at a few weeks old. *military dad*
4. Even though I've been a musician for many years, I first came to JMU as a Chemistry major!
5. I got my first iPod in 6th grade and I listened exclusively to Queen, Styx, and Cake.
Photo by Audra Lynne Creative
Photo by Audra Lynn Creative
Hi friend, I'm Kristi Monte! I'm a strawberry blonde entrepreneur in--you guessed it!--Nashville, Tennessee. Since graduating from James Madison University in May of 2018, I discovered my passion of empowering 20something creatives to design a life they love. My superpowers are organization, copywriting, and efficiency... And my role in A&K uses all of those talents! When I'm not writing show notes or publishing podcasts, you can usually find me wrapped in a blanket with a cup of coffee, reading a book in my favorite chair by the window.
If you're dying to hear more, here are five things you may not know about me!
1. I'm a born and raised Jersey girl, and it shows. *I apologize in advance*
2. My alcoholic beverage of choice is Guinness, hands down. I don't drink anything else!
3. I've been a violinist since I was six years old and I teach a few private lessons during the week.
4. When life is too busy, I like to reset my mind with meditative mornings, walks around my neighborhood, reading, knitting, and baking. So that basically means I'm a 22-year-old grandma.
5. Yes, I do have my own podcast. It's called Coffee With Kristi!